Sunday, July 5, 2009

Holiday Weekend in Roseville


We headed north for the 4th of July weekend and to pick up our little bugs from a little getaway at Grandma and Grandpa Baer's house.
I love visiting the family up north and I love it even more now that they live in Roseville. There is always something to do and the shopping is so much better than what we have here. Luke would say he loves that they live in Roseville because its so close to some good 4-wheeling locations.
No matter --because since I am the author of this blog, shopping will always win!
So--as you may have guessed, this weekend getaway included....SHOPPING.

Thursday morning I took the boys and cousin Natalie out early for some breakfast and shopping--- and surprisingly ran into a dear friend I haven't seen in 11 years! So much fun. Later in the morning Luke and I then took the boys school clothes shopping at the Nordstrom Rack. I have always said my life would be complete if Bakersfield would get 2 things---a Cheesecake Factory and a Nordstrom Rack. I don't think my life will be complete anytime soon.
Thursday night included a quick trip with my mom to "Home Goods." It was a first for me and unfortunately since I was feeling so miserable I couldn't do much browsing. I think I sat down on every comfortable chair I could find on display.

Friday morning I pumped my mom up and we headed out to the Galleria mall with 5 kids in tow. We had my boys, nephews Cooper (9), Holden (4 months) and niece Natalie (6). I have never received so many pitiful stares as I pushed little Holden in his stroller through the mall. People were probably trying to figure out how far along pregnant I was and how old the baby in the stroller could be. It was almost humorous. But the kids did pretty good and we made it a whole 3 hours in the Galleria (heaven) before heading home to the guys.
(Tubbs and his cousin Holden. He couldn't keep his hands off him!)

Saturday----Swim Party/BBQ with the family!
The day started out with a nice nap for me! yay!
In the afternoon we began making food preparations and the doorbell started ringing around 5pm. Five out of six siblings were there and my parents were only missing one grand kid out of nine and one son-in-law. Not bad. I haven't seen my oldest sister in over 2 years so it was especially nice to see her and her family. But I loved spending the day with family. The kids hopped back and forth from the pool to the hot tub. They didn't come inside until the fireworks show started at 9pm. Thank you to our pyro-technicians Uncle Bob and Luke. They made sure there was always something on fire! We called it a night after 10:30. Surprisingly baby Holden fell asleep (yes, asleep) during the fireworks extravaganza.

2 comments:

AmyPoll said...

Looks like fun...I love the Cheesecake factory AND the Nordstrom Rack!!!! You look great...I am excited for you!!!

Kristin said...

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I have a cheesecake factory and nordstroms rack...ooops I just did. I hope the rest of the summer passes by quickly.

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008