I was super excited to be able to participate in this race, as well as get outdoors and do my second 5K. When I found out about this race for Tyler it was the day of my first 5K and I knew for sure I wanted to run it or help out in any way I could. I e-mailed the registration form to everyone I knew and made copies to take to work. I wanted everyone to participate if they could. Luckily I think I was able to recruit at least a few runners! :)
The race was held at Tyler's high school and the course was challenging for me since I normally train on the treadmill. There was grass, LOTS of dirt, cement, and pavement. It was fantastic!
The individuals who created the course did a great job.
---------
This morning started off with a nice, long soak in the tub. The HOT water really helps my pulled groin muscle to loosen up----(as well as the Tylenol and Naproxen I popped like candy) :)
While I soaked in the tub, ate breakfast and got ready to go, Luke took the kids with him to run errands. Which meant I was able to really REEEE-LAX in COMPLETE silence.
Sooooooo nice.
Crossing the finish line - 27:29
I was really surprised I was only over my last time by 7 seconds. Last night Petunia was up a few times through the night coughing and fussing.... so not only was my leg aching, but I was exhausted! When Petunia woke up at the crack of dawn, I rolled over and told Luke I didn't think I could run it today. He whispered in my ear and gave me a lil' pep talk, telling me I would regret it if I didn't do it.
He was right. I was not only glad to get another race under my belt, but blessed to partake in this worthy cause.
Two of my cheerleaders.
The boys were busy running around the bleachers with friends from church. I don't even think they realized I was running or what they were there for! :)
Luke and Luke :)
My Luke was so bummed when "movie-date Luke" moved his family to Colorado last year. He was happy to pal around for a lil' bit.
This little girl was SPENT.
Between snotty noses, chest congestion, teething, sleep deprivation.....she was ready to call it a morning as soon as I finished. She snacked on a few orange wedges and bagels and began letting us all know how she was feeling.

A few of the friends who volunteered: Kristin, Kim and tired Baby Audrey.
What a blessing the volunteers and organizers are to the Schilhabel family. I only pray that the money raised today will be able to make a difference with Tyler's family and his medical expenses. I know its very much appreciated!
Placed 3rd in the female age group 30-39.
Nice surprise.
Schilhabel Strong!
Here's to you Tyler... and the fight you have ahead.
You can do it.

1 comment:
So glad you had such a wonderful time. Your blog entry is yet another reason it was ALL worth it. Thanks for being there and being you!
Post a Comment