Seems like there is never any time anymore.
Fridays are my only real time to sit down at the computer at home...and it has to be while Petunia is napping. I went through my home email this morning and realized I hadn't been on the computer since the weekend. Crazy. At least for me.
Three kids, work and a husband will keep you busy.
-----------------------------------------
On the way home from picking up the kids from school I was giving them hints about dinner. Luke was making "manwiches" with ground chicken, which I knew they don't like. One of the clues I gave was, "Daddy makes it." To which Bubba replied, "Daddy makes everything, that's not a clue."
I started to chuckle and I realized, yes...Luke does do 99.99% of the cooking. I am a lucky, lucky woman!! :)
-----------------------------------------
I am realizing more and more and more every day that Tubbs is very much like his father. This is a good and a bad thing.
Bad- because it means I have two Luke's in the house.
Good-because now Luke knows what its like to negotiate with a terrorist.
Just kidding Luke.
Kind of.
I do find it very humorous to watch Luke try to get Tubbs to talk to him and open back up after he has gotten in trouble. Tubbs likes to say things to try and get our attention...or make us worried. Apparently Luke's famous trick when he was a kid was getting up on the roof...and he'd threaten to jump.
Man..I wish I could see a video of that from 30 years ago!
-----------------------------------------
I nonchalantly made the comment this week to a friend that I am not a "joiner." I tried to explain myself and it may not be the right context or sound good, but I have turned into a "homebody."
After rushing around to/from work four days a week, I find it very hard to take on extra-curricular activities/gatherings. Its not that I don't want to socialize or help anyone out. I miss my kids and Luke.
The minute I walk in the door from work I set Petunia down, put my purse up and change into my pajamas.
This technique works good for me because if I need to get something from the store, I can usually get Luke to run in for me since I'm in a state of disarray.
-----------------------------------------
I have really dry skin. About a month ago I tried this new facial moisturizer that I do believe is a keeper. Its the best I've ever tried.
Its Origins "Starting Over."
Just a little tip for ya.
I think its well worth the $45!!
-----------------------------------------
This week the boys were grounded from ALL ELECTRONICS.
It was one of the best weeks of motherhood so far.
That may be a slight exaggeration.
But it was fabulous.
Of course this morning they became ungrounded and I couldn't get Bubba to look up from his IPod Touch for more than 2 seconds before school. (An "insider" informed me he was also brushing his teeth while playing on it. How is that possible...I don't know.)
But I am looking forward to another week without electronics. I can see one in my future.
-----------------------------------------
Running.
I did make it to the gym three times this week to run!
I got my lazy butt to bed before 9pm on Sunday night so I could get up at 4:30am on Monday.
I am not sure what was more difficult: going to bed by 8:45pm, getting up at 4:30am, or staying awake during my 1:30pm Monday meeting.
Somehow I managed to do the same thing on Wednesday. Tuesday morning my alarm went off, I got out of bed to change...and got back into bed. No success.
Today I didn't have to get up early (thankfully) so I went right after I took the kids to school. I am not sure if I can stick with the 4:30am thing....but I am going to try. It just stinks having to go to bed so "early."
-----------------------------------------
Petunia is sick UH-GAIN.
Seriously.
The girl just got off antibiotics a week ago and just got over her cough. She woke up last night with croup and she is snotty. (Which means my shirt has turned into one big snot rag!)
I didn't even take her to the gym. Her getting sick so easily is why I was going to the gym at 4:30am....so I wouldn't have to take her.
Which has me re-thinking the whole early morning gym thing now.
I guess it was Bubba or Tubbs who passed the cold back to her.... Which means I will probably get it again next.
How the heck has Luke not got it yet in this daisy-chain?
-----------------------------------------
Bubba made honor roll again this quarter.(Congratulations!)
Just like last quarter, he had all A's and one "B."
That math will get you every time!
He is working on Geometry now....which is a little crazy to me since I am sure the math he is doing now in third grade, I wasn't introduced to until middle school.
(This is where my husband would insert some sarcastic comment about me growing up in Lake Isabella and not being surprised.) :)
-----------------------------------------
Tubbs was snuggling up with his sister and was mumbling to her that when she is in Kindergarten he would walk her to the bus stop every morning. Luke overheard Tubbs tell her that if someone tried to take her he would give her his house key and tell her to run home so they could take him instead.
It was all very sweet, while at the same time a scary thought. I know that Tubbs loves his sister very much and I hope he always looks out for her like that.
(Even though at the rate Petunia is growing, she might be bigger than Tubbs by the time she gets into Kindergarten. I am not sure anyone is going to want to mess with her.) :)
-----------------------------------------
Cake Balls!
Oh cake balls.
I made cake balls for a Super Bowl potluck party at work on Tuesday. I made German Chocolate and Red Velvet. I also decided to try a new flavor....milk chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, dipped in milk chocolate.
Oh heavens.... Its my kryptonite.
I do think its the best flavor yet.
Anyways, after tasting my first batch of those on Sunday I had to make more.
Luke had a Super Bowl potluck at work yesterday, so I made more cake balls. Naturally. It was the perfect excuse.
For his potluck I made German chocolate and the peanut butter chocolate.
On Wednesday night I was dipping 4 cakes worth of balls from 8pm-10pm. Luke tried to take photos of me in all my glory, but thankfully there isn't any evidence.
I think he's ready to send me to the cake ball wing of the Betty Ford clinic.
(Of course when he is eating one (or two or three) I don't see him complaining.)
Friday, February 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....
So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

1 comment:
I hear ya on the no extra activities but, I do love a good girls night (which by the way you are due for one). Also, I think swimming takes so much effort that we are all done for after the season is over. This year though I swear I'm going to purchase a few things to make this year more bearable, like a generator and a portable a/c.
Post a Comment