Yesterday was a ward temple trip at the LA temple, that included activities for the nursery kids and primary. We all crawled out of bed and were on the road by 7:15am. We dropped the kids off at the temple apartments for the activity and it was sun to see so many kids were able to make it from the ward. All three kids were excited. Luke dropped me off down at the temple for the 9:30am session and he waited for me patiently like the wonderful husband he is. :) I was out of the temple by 11:45 and we picked up the kids. They had a great time and I was so thankful we were all able to make the trip.
We headed to Sprinkles...of course...since its' right down the street from the temple. We ate cupcakes and then drove down to Manhattan Beach to have Cafe Rio for lunch. On Saturdays they have the Cancun shrimp tacos. Sooooo good!
It took us almost an hour to find a place to park after we finally agreed which beach to go to. It was very frustrating. We all just wanted to get in the water because it was HOT down there.
While driving around the beach the kids started to argue in the backseat. Suddently Wiggy yells at Bubba, "Zip it boy!"
This girl is out of control. Everyone in the car was laughing. End of the arguing! :)
We stayed at the beach for 2 hours and then we were ready to head home. It was our first time at this beach and we were not big fans. I will stick to the beaches in OC.
On the drive back north I realized that earlier I didn't pick up any peanut butter cupcakes. The horror! My husband, in his perfect way, suggested we stop back by Sprinkles. Oh--I couldn't let him go to all that trouble! But I did! Hahaha.
After I picked up two more cupcakes I went next door and got a double scoop of Sprinkles ice cream too. Call me Miss. Piggy!
That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....
So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.
1 comment:
Your hair is adorable! I do feel like I need to taste these Sprinkles cupcakes. I think they are mentioned in every post. :)
Post a Comment