Monday, March 3, 2014

Bubba is Twelve

Bubba has three birthday celebrations this year.
I can't believe this boy is twelve. I am sure I say this every time one of my children have a birthday....I know.
A big milestone for Bubba.
No more primary program at church. He is very happy about that. He is now in Young Men's with the big kids. 
He is doing more Boy Scout camp outs.
He was ordained to the Deacon's Quorum at church and can now pass the Sacrament.
He is only six years from legally becoming an adult and he still can't remember to zip up his pants or brush his teeth. Scary thought.
He still calls me mommy.
That fact is my favorite.
Today I was trying to get in the bathroom and he had the door locked. He hollers out, "I need my privacy mommy!"
I chuckled.
He will always be my baby boy...even though he is a big boy. Still growing like a weed. 

His first birthday party.....
Grandma and Grandpa Hogue came down to babysit the kids while Luke and I went up to the Lake for a friend's dinner party. They stayed the night and Sunday morning we had a birthday breakfast and Bubba was able to open their gifts. Grandma made him his favorite French Toast at his request. She also put some canned cinnamon rolls in the waffle maker....which was a big hit.
Sugar for breakfast is a winner-winner, chicken dinner.








After Grandma and Grandpa left at noon we had some pictures taken of Bubba. I think they turned out really great! 
I am thankful to Luke's friend Sheila Johnson who took them for us.








Second Birthday Party.....
was on his actual birthday. It was a Wednesday, so he also got to Mutual at church for the first time. 
Birthday breakfast was French Toast again with the leftover load of bread Grandma left behind. 
Bubba opened his present from all of us. 
More Legos....Shocker!
We also put come cash in his "1-2" balloons. I should've done darker balloons because he could see the cash as soon as he saw the balloons. 
Dad picked him up for birthday lunch and Bubba chose Subway. 
I was really hoping Bubba would pick something amazing for dinner when I asked him what he wanted. At first he said he wanted me to make Potstickers for him at home. Then he changed his response to Panda Express.










Third birthday party took place at Grandma and Grandpa Baer's house a few days after his birthday. Bubba requested birthday breakfast for dinner! Then we had chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert. He got more Lego's, Subway gift card, a book and a new watch. Grandpa also took him shopping for a new suit.






No comments:

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008