Like every school year I silently freak out the weekend leading up to school starting. This year wasn't any different. Many parents rejoice in their children fleeing the nest each morning. I do not. I am a nervous wreck. I don't know...I am just built that way.
Sunday evening we had pizza for dinner and Family Home Evening. We sat around the dinner table talking about school and planning out our drop off/pick up schedules. This school year will be a little different since Tubbs and Wiggy have no bus transportation near our house. We put in a change of address so they could stay at BV this year. Bubba starts 7th grade and his school isn't close enough to walk or ride his bike. He could ride the bus but we are opting not to do that. (I think everything you don't want your kid to learn about, they learn on the bus. That's Katie Hogue's theory anyways. He would also be on the bus for 30 minutes before he got to his bus stop.)
First day photos....
This morning I made the kids breakfast and took them to school. I dropped off Bubba first. Luke told me not to walk him to class because he said he would get teased, so I didn't. Instead, I drove him up to the front of the empty parking lot and he hopped out. He gave me a kiss at my window and we waved. I slowly pulled away and looked at him as he slowly walked away. We waved again. I cried. Yeah...I am so sentimental like that. I cried and I prayed that he would have a GREAT day and no one would tease him. Hard to believe this big boy was starting junior high.
Then we headed to BV. I found a decent parking spot and we headed in. Tubbs asked me several times if I could walk him to his 5th grade classroom. I was actually shocked but of course I said yes. This was the same boy who ditched me on the first day of second grade. So, Sawyer held my hand and we walked to his classroom. He saw some of his friends when he got into class and we gave kisses goodbye. (He has the same teacher as last year because she is teaching a 4/5 combo class this year. We love her, so we are very happy we stayed at BV this year. Each student also has a Google Chrome notebook for class work, so it's a great opportunity for Tubbs.)
Wiggy and I walked excitedly to her classroom. Thankfully we had met her teacher on Friday before, so she knew where she was headed and who her teacher was. At her little cluster of desks, she sits with two friends from church...so I knew she was going to have a fantastic day. She also had two other friends in her class. What a lucky girl.
I headed out to the car right before the bell rang, leaving my last two bugs behind. I went home to fix my make-up because heaven knows I probably looked quite pathetic. Then I headed to work. I couldn't wait until 2:30 so I could go pick up all the kids and hear about their days at school. Of course that also means a trip to Sonic for Happy Hour beverages. :)
Bubba if 64 inches and has grown 3 inches in the last 12 months.
Tubbs is 58 inches and has grown 2.5 inches in the last 12 months. (Bubba was 59 inches when he started 5th grade.)
Wiggy is 47 inches and has grown 4 inches in the last 12 months.







No comments:
Post a Comment