I met up with Cass and Michelle at the Expo on Saturday afternoon. All smiles! None of us really trained for this race, so we are in this for a good time. :) Hahaha.
We had a big pre-Mother's Day dinner at Cheesecake Factory. I went against everything I know to be true about eating the night before a big race. (Of course my biggest regret was that I forgot to order my raspberry lemonade! What was a thinking?!) I ordered some veggie lettuce wraps and a small dish of plain bowtie pasta. I sampled the fried mac and cheese before my meal and had strawberry shortcake for dessert. It's running suicide. Luke got an Oreo cheesecake for them to try. The boys thought it was ok, so they all had a few bites. It was so rich it didn't get finished.
I woke up throughout the night with the worst stomach ache and slept terrible. I definitely had my doubts about making it through 13.1 miles with my gut full of Cheesecake Factory morsels.
My alarm was set for 3:45am, which came way too early. Our hotel was close, so I walked to the park with Cassie, Michelle and Michelle's husband who was also running the race. We met around 4:30am in front of their hotel.
Wiggy lost a top beaver that morning too, while I was running. Luke sent me a photo.
After the race I walked back to the hotel, where I met the family. I showered and got cleaned up. We checked out and went in search of food. I was pretty hungry. We tried to eat at the Broken Yolk but the wait was crazy. I was kind of craving a bean and cheese burrito, so Luke found a Del Taco. He and the kids were amazed that's what I wanted for Mother's Day lunch and I told them I didn't care. Tubbs was pretty concerned and thought I wasn't having a special Mother's Day. We decided daddy would make my favorite dinner of fried chicken and garlic green beans later that night.
When we got home, Wiggy was able to give me the gift she made me at school and I talked her into rubbing my feet for 30 seconds. :)
While Luke and the kids made dinner they told me to lay down and relax....which is really difficult for me. (Especially when someone is telling me to do it!) :) So I read and napped a little.
While I rested, they tried to make me a strawberry cake too, but they burned it. They tried again and we got some cupcakes this time around.
Happy Mother's Day to me and to my mother and mother-in-law. It was a special day!





No comments:
Post a Comment