Thursday, August 28, 2008

T.G.I.T.

Thank Goodness its Thursday!
Yes...since I have every Friday off, Thursdays are my Friday!
This week was less than desireable. Thats a nice way of saying it abso-tutely stunk. No, I am not dying from some disease (at least I don't think so) and a lot worse things could have happened... But work just SUCKED. (Hopefully no one from work reads this, but I am sure they would agree with me). But for those of you who work ....or have spouses who work away from home, you know how important it is that a person enjoy being at work. On an average day, a person who works 8 hours a day like I do, spends more awake hours at work than at home (with the people they love).
How scary is that?? I may be wrong, I technically haven't done the math, because I just like to spout off random statistics that may or may not be true! :)
Thats the kind of week I'm having! To top it off, I got a NKOTB alert this morning in my e-mail and saw that they were at the Best Buy in Burbank at 7pm tonight. (Thoughts of going home "sick" and driving to Burbank crossed my mind. I tried to enlist Julie, but she decided teaching her class was more important than experiencing this with me!!! Ha!) So, as I type this, Joey-Joe is signing autographs and taking pictures with someone other than ME. How could I have received such late notice? I will have to write the President of their fan club and let them know this is unacceptable.

Since I have an appt in LA on Tuesday, I don't go back to work until Wednesday. (YIPPEE)Here's what I am looking forward to over my 5 day weekend:
  • Not packing lunches (Yes, I am going to force my son to eat cafeteria food tomorrow and Tuesday)
  • Snuggling with my boys
  • Sleeping in past 5:45 am. Can I get a Hallaleujah?!
  • Swimming and more swimming (Labor Day weekend is usually the last weekend we really use the pool)
  • Taking a nap
  • Reading lame celebrity magazines for mindless entertainment (and to help me appreciate my life and faithful husband)
  • Going to 24th Street Cafe for breakfast (Gotta get my cinnamon roll and chicken fried chicken)
  • Catching up with my shows on the Food Network
  • Going to church (and not having to give the lesson in YW :)
  • Watching my boys play Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Star Wars on the Wii (and still not understanding how the heck they know where they are going or what's going on)
  • Not thinking about work
  • Taking my boys to Toys R Us and watch them deliberate between Legos or Indiana Jones memorabilia for an hour (They completed a row on their star chart today. Yay!)
  • Trying to talk my husband into giving me a neck rub or a foot massage.
  • More snuggling with my boys

I know this isn't one of my perkiest posts...but it picked up a little at the end! Have a great (safe)holiday weekend.....

No comments:

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008