Yes....another bug will join our family in August. ( I am certain its one--even though Tubbs keeps telling me he wants two)
The boys just seemed to smile like they thought they were on "Candid Camera." But they figured out quickly it was for real because mommy has been using the words "I don't feel good" for the past two months.
It didn't help that to start the conversation and get them back to the dinner table Luke announces, "I have a surprise for you."
If you are my child and someone says the word "surprise" you are thinking its something sweet to eat or a toy is headed your way. So, when Luke announced the surprise was that Tubbs is going to be a big brother--by the time the announcement was over he was still anticipating his "real" surprise.
He was obviously a little disappointed when we didn't have a cookie or toy on back up.
I have it on video:
We decided to go with another "S" name and even though my husband thinks he has the final say and thinks he knows what "he" is going to be called I am still not sure. In the video Luke is throwing around a few baby names for Tubbs and its funny to see him laugh because he has my dad's "beavers" and smile. (For those of you who have seen my dad lean his head back and laugh, tell me Tubbs is not his twin!)
So---for those who have known about this impending arrival since the get-go, they are of course rooting for a curly headed little girl! All except my husband of course. He says I am "built" to have boys. He is probably right. I don't know if I want to add a crazy Hogue girl into the mix. I was of course the perfect child, but its those darn Hogue side of the genes that just cause trouble for me. And so far, this baby has caused a lot of trouble so its very likely its another boy---who just can't wait to meet his big brothers again!
We shall see!

11 comments:
Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you!! I hope you get a little girl.
Congrats!! That's awesome. Knowing you growing up, I think you might want to reconsider the gene comment!!
Congrats! I guess that's why I ran into you as I was leaving my OB appoinment on Christmas Eve...
Congrats!!! That explains all the SUGAR! I hope you are feeling well. Keep us informed on all the details... well not all the details.
That's so neat, I'm happy for you! As for those Hogue genes I know what you mean, I have four crazy girls. I thinks it all in the name.
Congrats! I think I want you to have another boy, maybe because I'll be jealous if you have a girl.
Congratulations!!! Hurray for you guys! Boy, girl, whatever you're having, there's just no wrong way to go!
YEAH!!! It will be so fun to have another Hogue in the world. Let me know if I can help in any way. We are excited for you. Congrats!
That is wonderful news! I honestly think you would love a little girl! Liberty is such a sweet little thing and soooo different from Garett!
Plus, Liberty made me a lot sicker than Garett did! Maybe the girl hormones are what did it! Let us know if we can help you out with anything!
I am just glad I don't have to keep the secret any longer! I am so excited for you. But you already knew that. I better see you soon. I miss you.
congratulations Katie! I hoping you get a little Hogue girl. We need to do lunch again soon. Lets talk soon, Jenny
Post a Comment