I so badly had to blog about what's coming next before I forgot. Not so much for you---but for me.
Like many of you I blog as a way to keep track of all the insanely crazy and sometimes mundane things that occur everyday with my family. I don't ever want to forget these moments...and since I can't find the time or willpower to put pen to paper, I put my fingers to the keyboard and let them type away.
--------------------------------------------------------
After dinner tonight I took Bubba to Barnes and Nobles with me to try and find some audio books to listen to on our trip. We are leaving for Utah and we are all very excited. We will be taking Luke's Jeep and making our way to Salt Lake for General Conference weekend. Then on Monday we are headed to Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari. (If you are looking at your screen cross-eyed and wondering what the heck it is, you'll have to google it!) :)
Anyways---back to Barnes and Nobles---
We get into the kids section and the first thing Bubba spots is the religion section. He has been watching a lot of church videos from "The Living Scriptures" collection lately and he is motivated. He looks through some Bibles and finds a Bible story book he really likes. We end up not finding any good kids' books on CD so we settle on purchasing the Bible for Bubba and an Easter book for Tubbs.
On the way home Bubba cannot stop talking about the Bible stories and asking a million questions about anything you can imagine that is related to the scriptures, church and Jesus.
It made me smile. My little boy is seven years old and he is such a big boy.
After Luke and Tubbs get home from wrestling practice I headed off to a friend's house for a Jewelry party. When I got home my boys were tucked into bed.
Luke tells me to go take a look at my big boy. As I walk into the bedroom I can see a little light shining from Bubba's top bunk. Bubba is up there laying on his tummy, reading his Bible storybook with his book light attached. He was reading about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and needed my help pronouncing their names.
It was really a moment that I wished would last forever. If only my little man would stay this little angel forever. He told me he wanted to play "Nephi" at school tomorrow with his friends. Knowing that only a few kids at school would know who Nephi was and would probably look at him strange, he reminded me there were 3 other kids in his grade that are in his primary class.
Little Bubba---he thinks everyone knows about Nephi and all of the other characters form the scriptures he has been learning about. I wish that were true!
Even if Bubba's halo doesn't shine all the time---I am glad it was shining tonight.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....
So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

3 comments:
I love those moments when your kids do something and you can think to yourself "I am doing something right" Go katie!
It always surprises me when I find out they have been listening to me and their primary teachers! Hopefully we can remember these times when they are teenagers and seem to hate everything.
Such a precious moment. Cherish it always and enjoy the "after glow" as long as you can. Little boys can be awfully sweet.
Post a Comment