So---the baptism was moved to this weekend.
Lucky for us, that meant we would get to meet the newest member of the Baer family earlier than expected.
We arrived Friday night to my parents' house...and to a few bags of my mom's baby girl shopping. This little girl is off to a great start.--- I love that my mom is so excited and always thinking of others. (Until my youngest brothers Dari (21) and Bert (18) have kids one day this little girl will be the last grand baby for my parents for a while)
The boys absolutely loved baby Holden. They wanted to hold him right away---and touch his face (and "pet" his head). Bubba has a hand fetish and I watched him play with Holden's little hands. Tubbs kept commenting to Aunt Lindsay on random things he liked about the baby. It was so cute.

This reaction from the boys got me more excited and ready for our baby to get here in August. It got me so anxious I actually went out to the Galleria mall on Saturday with the boys, my mom, SIL Lindsay, Holden and Natalie to look at some baby girl dresses at the GAP.
It was much harder than expected.---- The stress.
Which dress to pick?
Why did I want a dress?
I don't know---probably because I have never got to buy a little dress before. I also had a 30% off coupon so it was a good excuse to shop for something.
Saturday evening was the awaited baptism for Cooper and it was wonderful. The boys have never been to a family baptism before so I was excited for them to see their cousin be baptized. We had lots of family show up and it was great to see aunts and uncles as well as siblings, nieces and nephews. After the baptism we came home to lots of my dad's famous enchiladas, Luke's guacamole, and some cake! Happily I was able to eat everything!
My uncle Glenn did manage to get me all worried about actually having a boy. He told a few stories about friends who had ultrasounds which told them they were having a girl ---and out pops a boy. (All I can say is I will not be washing or removing any clothing tags until this little girl arrives)
I should have taken more pictures---but this is all I got from the weekend.
Brother Robert and his family
Me and my little brother
My mom and youngest brother Bert





3 comments:
Congrats on the new nephew!
Now, I love my boy, don't get me wrong. But aren't girls FUN to shop for?? Their clothes are just so much cuter, it seems. Have fun with that!!
I love that dress! It was in my online shopping cart for a while, but then I inventoried Gwen's dress selection and realized I couldn't justify it given the number of dresses I already have for her. Dang it!
As for the fear that baby girl will enter the world and actually be a baby boy...I get it. We heard the horror stories with each of our girls. I even had the u/s tech check things "down below" just to be sure when I had an u/s at 37 weeks with Gwen. The good news is it never went wrong for us (and it helps to see "girl parts", not just have an absence of "boy parts"). Not that a boy would be unwelcome, he'd just have looked awfully silly in the pink carseat I bought and all those pretty dresses!
Love the dress. I will need to get started making you hair bows. :o) We will have to add "baby girl" shopping" to our LA trip in a couple weeks. It looks like it's a go so far. Jared has no gigs (yet) just mark has a wedding. Keep your fingers crossed. I was thinking of maybe going down on Friday and staying in the temple apartments and then wake up early do a session and then go shopping the rest of the day.
Post a Comment