Like every other parent I am surprised at how big my boys are and that its time for another school year to begin.
They weren't exactly thrilled about getting up and going to school but it was more of an attitude like "what the heck....we have nothing better to do." :) Tubbs started Kindergarten this year and he was not the least bit hesitant about his new school. I think his two years of pre-school prepared him well for making new friends and a new environment. Bubba started 2nd grade and I think he has officially entered the mode of "mom-is-the most-embarrassing-person-ever." It makes me a little sad.
Good bye bugs from brother
There was a little shadow hanging over us on Monday morning. Baby Jiggs was still in the hospital in the NICU and it was going on Day 4. We thought we might get to come home Sunday evening so we could start the school year out on a good note. The doctor said Sunday morning that if her Bili blood draw came back under 10 she could go home. We got the results that afternoon at 5pm and they were 10.2.
There was a little shadow hanging over us on Monday morning. Baby Jiggs was still in the hospital in the NICU and it was going on Day 4. We thought we might get to come home Sunday evening so we could start the school year out on a good note. The doctor said Sunday morning that if her Bili blood draw came back under 10 she could go home. We got the results that afternoon at 5pm and they were 10.2.
We had to come home empty handed AGAIN.
The next draw was Monday morning at 6am so we called on our way to taking the boys to school and it was 10.1. I was going to freak out.
I couldn't take another day being at home without her. After the boys were at school my mom drove me over to the NICU to feed her and visit. While we were there the nurse talked to the doctor and surprise-surprise he said we could take her home. I was so shocked (and thankful)! We gathered up her stuff and we were outta there as fast as we could move. It was the perfect addition to our first day of school---the day Baby Jiggs got to come home!

2 comments:
So happy to hear your little one is home!!!!
I totally feel for you! I am so glad to hear she is home now. Let me know if there is anything we can do for you.
Post a Comment