
Ya know--it was a lot easier getting "family" pictures before we had three kids.
Its like a LARGE miracle when you can get everyone to look in the direction of the camera at the same time AND smile half way decent.
I am so thankful for digital photos because I think I could have burned through 10 rolls of film!
This latest adventure starts with rain and the cancellation of our photographer. We had a professional photographer lined up, but since she doesn't have an indoor studio she cancelled the morning of the photos.
I understand--she didn't want to get her equipment wet and possible damaged, but the show had to go on. My oldest sister, Jody and her family drove down that morning for the 9am photos, from Redding. We don't see each other but maybe once a year. I had to do the calculations and I hadn't seen my sister Jody since my grandmother's birthday party in October 2009 and I hadn't seen her husband since July 4th 2009.
So--I knew we had to try and take some family pictures no matter what.
Luckily I brought my digital SLR camera with me and my dad had a tripod--- so we took turns snapping pictures of each family.
22 people on the steps of the Veteran's Hall in Royer Park. No one wanted to take off their coats or stand in the rain---but we survived! The original location of the photo shoot was apparently muddy and swampy from the rain so we found this location Friday afternoon.
I was in charge of the timer on the camera, so I ran back and forth between sets of photos to look at the results....and determine if we needed more. My younger brother Dari was not in the family photo and I was disappointed he chose not to make it. Otherwise, I think we all did the best we could to put smiles on our faces.
Each family chose a different color, which made the photos even more interesting. I think most everyone was shopping last minute trying to find something for the little people.
Grandma and Grandpa with all 10 grand kids.
I tried to edit the rain drops off the sweaters, but I am just not that good. Oh well.
Running to daddy! Its time to hit the road.
We were very happy to be in the car and going through the Starbucks drive thru for hot cocoas IMMEDIATELY following the "photo shoot."
The kids were also happy to be in the car and not having to get out in the cold for one more shot. Poor Bubba had his usual chapped lip and I had to resort to using some of my make-up on his lip. He doesn't know it was make up since he is so used to us running his lip down with something. But I was very happy he didn't have monkey lips in our pictures!
After we got back home I tried to take a few more pictures of the kids. Petunia wanted absolutely nothing to do with standing still next to her brothers or being held by her brothers. She was ready for a nap! It wasn't really worth the extra effort, but I captured the normal faces of the boys when they are together.
My Big hunk in my parents' back yard.
My parents and youngest brother, Bert.

1 comment:
Love the new family pictures!!!
Post a Comment