Yesterday I whispered in Tubbs' ear, "Would you like to go to a movie with me?" Tubbs looked at me and whispered, Yes!"
I told him it was our secret and not to tell anyone. He really liked that part! He did pretty good, but he did brag to Bubba and Luke last night that we had a secret. Of course Luke knew what the secret was, but he didn't tell Tubbs.
My gift to the boys for Christmas was a gift card to "Foot Action" in the mall. They have been wanting to run with me (and they need new school shoes) so I thought a gift card for each of them would be a good idea for "running" shoes. I also thought it would be a good idea to take Tubbs to pick out his shoes before the movie today, for some extra time together.
Arriving at the mall! All smiles....and ready to find some shoes. Tubbs held my hand the entire time we were walking though the mall. (It was my favorite part of the date!)

We were only in Foot Action for 5 minutes since they had NOTHING. Tubbs also informed me that he would really, really like a pair of Heely's. I vaguely remember Luke mentioning this tidbit to me last week before Christmas. (I wish I would've known before I got the gift cards to Foot Action!)
So... being the softy I am, I told Tubbs we could go somewhere else and look for Heely's. After a few stops, we finally found them at Journey's Kids. Tubbs tried on a few pairs and was struggling to find a pair that he liked AND fit comfortably. He kept biting his lip and finally whispered in my ear (in a distressed voice),"I just want to look cool."
I nodded and told him we would make sure he got some cool shoes. After trying on 3 pairs, he finally found just the right ones.
(Yes---its the end of December and my son insists on wearing shorts!)
On our way to the movies Tubbs opened up his wheels for the bottom of his Heely's. He thought they looked really cool!
We went to the 12:30 showing of "Gulliver's Travels" in 3-D. We were very excited to get our glasses! We stopped by the snack bar and got our popcorn, milk duds and water. We made it to our seats about five minutes before the movie started, so it was perfect timing.
Tubbs wasn't really eating too much but was guzzling down the water. About 30 minutes into the movie Tubbs said he wasn't feeling well. He laid his head on my lap for about 10 minutes when he started quivering with chills. His eyes were closed he was really warm and he was trying to fall asleep. I asked him if he wanted to go and when he said yes, we took off. He had his new shoes on with the wheels, so I held his hand hand tight all the way to the car.
Thankfully we live five minutes from the theater so Tubbs was home in no time. We got him home and into a bath to soak.
I love you Tubbs! I am sorry our movie date got cut short, but let's do it again soon when your little body is feeling better.

No comments:
Post a Comment