Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lunch Date With Tubbs

For the first time EVER....Tubbs asked if I could come to his school and eat lunch with him. This is the same boy who ditched me on the first day of school last month. How could I say no?! It made me very happy. I was going to pack a lunch and bring it, but I was very unorganized this morning so I made his lunch and figured I would figure out my lunch later. I called the school after I got to work and found out what time he went to lunch. I decided we had enough time to head down the street and pick up something together. When I got to Tubbs school he was heading up to the office to meet me with his lunch pail...and was surprised when I told him we were going out to lunch. I couldn't gauge if that made him happy or not but when I told him we were headed to McDonald's he was pleased. I asked him what he was going to eat and if he wanted to get Yogurtland for dessert. He said he preferred a McFlurry instead! He must be crazy! :) So, I picked up a yogurt for lunch and brought it over to McDonald's where we could eat lunch. Tubbs was excited he got to get a Happy Meal since we don't usually order them for the kids. It was entertaining to just spend time with Tubbs and talk to him. He is an interesting little guy and he makes me laugh. He doesn't mind being silly which is why I think most kids get a long with him. On the way to lunch Tubbs opened his lunch box and started eating his treat. I thought: "what the heck!" Thanks for having lunch with me Tubbs....it made me feel very special and I enjoyed our time alone. I hope we can do this more often!




No comments:

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008