Saturday, March 24, 2012

Another Week Down

Our week started with mom heading out to Phoenix for 5 days.
A totally exciting MS project Conference was awaiting me. I know you all are jealous. :)
My flight left early Sunday afternoon. It was a rainy Sunday morning and I reluctantly packed up my bags to max capacity. Little Wiggy thought she was going with me and ran to her room to pack up her most precious belongings....her doll and Cabbage Patch Bed. She was set.
Of course when she didn't get out of her carseat at the airport, she looked away and gave me the silent treatment. It made cry.... It did. This little girl kills me, in every possible way.







The flight was quick and by the time I got checked into my hotel I had received plenty of pictures from Luke on their afternoon activities. The boys didn't want to go to church without me, so they worked on their Pinewood Derby cars. The kids all had a great time and I was happy Luke knocked it out before the busy work/school week started.
Bubba's original idea was a maple donut bar, but decided on a pencil.
I went to an early dinner at Cheesecake Factory and when I came out to the rental car, this was left on my windshield. Such a warm welcome! :)
I ate soooooo much at dinner I was actually sick the remainder of the week. At least I think it was from eating so much. Maybe I got some kind of food poisoning. Who knows.
My home for 5 days.
Luke's parents came down on Tuesday and stayed through Thursday afternoon. I am very thankful they came to stay and help out with the kids.
Of course Wiggy was a pig in mud with all the undivided attention...and treats.


I ate pretty good while I was away! :) One item that was interesting...zucchini chips.
I had room service most mornings. We all know what a rip-off room service is but I had to capture this $26 meal for Luke. It was an egg white frittata, chocolate crossiant, and yogurt parfait. It was TINY! I think the crossiant was finished in 2-3 bites.
I did get a little shopping in. My friend Laura from church told me about "Last Chance" which is the only store of its kind in the US. I found some gently used Uggs for Wiggy for $29.
Each night we would use "FaceTime" on our phones. When I showed Wiggy the boots her little face lit up. It was priceless!
Bubba had a track meet on Thursday morning. I was so disappointed I had to miss it because Bubba was very motivated. He tried out for a few running events but ended up doing the softball throw and the shot put. I was VERY proud of him for wanting to do it. He is not my most athletic child and usually doesn't like to do stuff like this.













The kids at the bus stop.
I got in from the airport on Thursday evening and my boss dropped me off at the church, just  in time for the end of Bubba's Pinewood Derby. Luke and the kids were very excited to see me and I couldn't WAIT to see their faces. It was a long week.
First thing Friday morning I was taking Tubbs and Wiggy tot he doctor. Both kids had bronchitis so they we walked out of the office with five prescriptions.
Its good to be home! :)
I sure missed my family.






No comments:

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008