The last time I went to Disneyland with no kids and no husband was before I became a wife and mom.
In fact, it was my "Bachelorette" party in September 1999 with my best friend Julie.
So....we decided to have another go of it. I was so excited and ready to have some girl time.
What started out as a day trip, quickly turned into an overnighter. We left Friday afternoon after school/work and made the drive down.
We stopped at the Glendale Galleria, shopped at H&M and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. After dinner, a few raspberry lemonades, and a tasty peanut butter banana shake to go, we were back on the road to Anaheim. We got to our hotel later than expected and hit the sack around midnight.
Long day.
We were up early, ate our protein bars and were at the Disneyland gates by 8:10am.
THEN we find out the park is evacuated until further notice because of a suspicious item they found near the front gate. I was not a happy camper.
After an hour of waiting on Harbor Blvd with thousands of people, we walked down to the IHOP and had some breakfast. I tried to eat healthy, but the fake eggs and "grainy" pancakes were too much for me to finish. :)
After breakfast, we waited another 30 minutes before finally deciding to head home. Blah.
About 20 minutes on the road north, I found a news article online that said the threat has been cleared and the park was reopening.
Brilliant!
We decide to turn around and make another go of it.
We were FINALLY in the park around noon. We head over to the ONE ride I absolutely had to ride: Space Mountain. I haven't been on the ride since the last time Julie and I were there.
We approach Space Mountain and it doesn't seem very busy.
Why? The ride was closed because of "technical difficulties."
Grrrrrrrr.
So, we head out to find another ride.
First ride...Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Tea Cups!
Its a Small World....with our best duck lips.
Space Mountain eventually reopened and we got a "Fast Pass" for 7pm. We got over there by 7:02 and the ride has just reclosed because of technical difficulties. What the heck people!? They can't keep a ride open all day?
Alas, it wasn't meant to be. No Space Mountain today.
But Julie and I had a great time together.... with no whiny kids or husbands! Ha! :)
I didn't know what to bring home to the kids--but it turned out I picked out the just the right things: caramel apples for the boys and a Minnie Mouse inspired polka-dot dress and head wrap from H&M for Wiggy.

No comments:
Post a Comment