Deal!
Wiggy and I ran through the house packing bags and getting everything ready. The boys on the other hand grabbed small bags, stuffed a few items inside and called it good. By 6pm we were out the door and on the road.
Saturday morning we grabbed some breakfast and then went to see the Jungle Book movie in 3D at Fashion Valley. I grabbed lunch from Luche Libre's in downtown SD, then we headed to Petco Park. The Padres were playing the Arizona Diamondbacks. Game started at 5:40 and we arrived a few hours before it started. We bought the cheapest tickets because we were hoping to upgrade on the app before the game started. unfortunately there were no upgrades available for five seats when upgrades were posted. The good thing is that there isn't a bad seat in the park, so we enjoyed the game.
The game went to 12 innings and lasted five hours! Wiggy and I were done by 10:30pm and I was ready to go to bed! We began slowly making our way out of the park. By the time we made our way outside the stadium and to the park area, Melvin Upton hit a home run to win the game. We were glad we hadn't left the park yet, but we were close.
(Side note: Bubba is claiming to now be a Cubs fan and has converted to the dark side. That's why he's pointing at his lame hat in this photo.)
Sunday morning Luke took Wiggy and Tubbs down to the pool/hot tub. Wiggy begged to go Saturday night, but it was too late when we arrived back to the hotel and it was closed. While they swam for a bit, I got myself ready for the day and got everything packed up. Bubba laid in bed in his undies and played games on his phone. :)
After grabbing breakfast we headed over to Balboa Park, where we couldn't find a place to park if our life depended on it. We searched their website and realized every event in the world was happening that day in the park--so we scratched that idea. We headed to Old Town and grabbed lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant instead.
I love you San Diego....and my Padres. Until next time.....




No comments:
Post a Comment