Tuesday, January 13, 2009

BLAH

I am so used to thinking everything is funny and having so much I think I need to blog about, that the past week or two has been especially weird for me. I am not saying that everything (or anything) I blog about is fresh and exciting...or interesting---but its stuff I like to think about and share.
Lately I have felt BLAH.
I feel un-blog-worthy!
Have you ever had that feeling?
The feeling of not wanting to leave your couch, your front door step---or even sit down in front of a computer to blog!
I just want to BE.
No questions, no answers, no movement....nada! Just me and a blanket! Is that too much to ask? :)
Lately I feel like I am floating. Just getting through the day in one piece. I made the suggestion to my husband last night that I just might want to "leave" my job of 9 years and I think he had a mini-heart attack without making it too blatantly obvious. I half jest, but work just seems like work these days. Its just not the same.
Maybe I have the Winter blues. Those gray skies ALL DAY LONG over the past few weeks have made me long to be curled up on my couch, with my family...next to a fire, watching a good movie.
Now--if I work with you ....and you're reading this---I am just kidding! :)
Ha-Ha!
But really---I am just sharing my utter BLAH-ness with my blog family.
Isn't it delightful?!
I could be blogging about things like....the birthday parties we've had for the boy's Webkins and Build-a-Bears. Those have been a real treat and I swear---if Bubba tells me we are celebrating another birthday for one of his babies I am going to lose it. My SWEET and perfect husband goes to the dollar store and buys balloons and gifts for 6 stuffed animals!
Yes--I kid you not.
My boys are so lucky to have their father.
I am telling Bubba that we are not making birthday cake for his stuffed animals "birthdays" and trying to use logic when Big Papa whisks in the door from work delivering gifts---and saves the day. Its probably the reason they won't be speaking to me in 15-20 years and I will have to find out how the boys are doing from their father.
Okay--I've spread enough sunshine over this blog entry!
If you are reading this and it has caused you to pop one of your anti-depressants...I apologize!
I will try to think of something cheerier next go-around.

5 comments:

kristi said...

No, I truly think the grey skies lately have everyone yearning for the bright summer days of June, despite the unbearable heat that accompanies the sun. (Notice how infrequently I blog lately.) Go with the mood, because January is already half over and Spring is just around the corner for us. Enjoy the movies under the fleece blankets while you can.

Rachel Legan said...

Katie,

I have felt like this everyday for 7 days.Mine goes so far as to turning off my phone and getting right into bed as soon as I get home until I am forced to start work again.I haven't done my hair in 4 days.That's right.It's another HAT day for me. Maybe we have S.A.D ya know Seasonal Affective Disorder...People laugh when I tell them it's a real disorder..LOL.
Anyway,I too have the blah's and the only cure is when Kylee comes bounding into our house filled with new and exciting tales in the life of a 7 year old "double kid".That's my term for her since she is one way in one place and another in our's :)
Love you mucho.xoxoxo Rach
P.S. My blah's took me off my blog for nearly a month!!So you're doin' pretty well!

Kristin said...

Have you noticed I haven't posted a new blog either? I tried to explain it to Luke, but he doesn't get it...go figure. I feel the same way!

Kim Simpson said...

I have a friend who told me that the reason she went tanning year round was too help her get through the winter blues. It made her feel like it was summer. Go figure but whatever works right? Although I say stick with the spray tan so you don't get the blues when you get the skin cancer diagnosis. January is such a let down after the holidays. Feb. is always much better.

Katrena said...

I need sunshine too. My suggestion, buy some things online so you have something to look forward to. I've got a couple packages coming next week. There are a lot of good sales right now too.

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008