Monday, April 27, 2009

NKOTB Baby


Now don't be jealous girls! :)
Two weeks ago I was able to go see NKOTB in concert for the second time in my life. (My first NKOTB concert was in 1989..... in 8th grade.
Ahhhhhhhh!!
Can you believe it?!
Of course you can.
This last concert was slightly different/better because:
1) my mom didn't have to drive me to the concert in the family station wagon
2) my dad didn't have to sit next to me to "chaperon." :) (Yes dad I know you had a good time even though you might try to deny it. I know you are a NKOTB fan!)


We all met at Julie's house, admired our matching shirts, posed for pictures and headed for Fresno.
We ate dinner at "The Cheesecake Factory." I was starving...and of course had to get my usual CF beverage----raspberry lemonade.
I drank and drank....and drank.
After about the 5th class I had a buzz going on from the sugar.
No joke.
Five girls with matching NKOTB shirts...out on the town in Fresno.
Dangerous! :)
Dinner was de-lish. We talked, laughed...laughed some more.... scarfed down dinner and headed to the concert.
Good times!
Now---what would you imagine the audience to look like at a NKOTB concert?

Its exactly like what you have in your head right now.
Crazy, 30-something year old women...screaming for Donnie like they actually have a chance.Hilarious.
The music was so loud I know this baby is going to love NKOTB like her mama! In fact I think I have caught her humming the tune to "Hanging Tough" when I lay in bed at night and its quiet. :) (Maybe I will take her to a NKOTB in another 20 years!) Ha-Ha-Ha!
I think I would have had an even better time if I hadn't downed so much lemonade before the concert.... and been pregnant. Not a good combination. I am definitely going again after baby girl gets here....and I fit into my non-maternity jeans again.
So.... Julie start looking at tour dates for 2010. You did a fabulous job planning this girl's night out!
Here is Joey-Joe...singing his song to ME

3 comments:

Kim Simpson said...

I love it! It is all just fabulous! Cheesecake Factory and Joey singing "Please Don't Go Girl"....great way to spend a girls night!!!

The Queen Bee said...

What a great night! I'm so glad you had a good time. After 5 glasses of lemonade I would have missed the whole concert because I would have been in the ladies room peeing the whole night... or did you wear depends?!

Kristin said...

Those shirts are awesome. I'm doing a little blog hopping while my husband is on a date with yours.

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008