Its the day I get to do noooooooothing!
(Did you really think the rest of that sentence was going to sound anything like the rest of the primary song?!) :)I love Saturdays this time of year because of days like today! We don't have any parties, sports or other activities going on ---and because its still chilly in the mornings I have an excuse to make hot cocoa and just lay around. The boys snuggle up in their "marshmallow" blankets and occasionally they let me snuggle in and share the blanket with them. (This morning that included laying on the pullout sofa and watching Kung Fu Panda). The weather is very slowly looking/feeling more like Fall, it is getting close to turkey day, I can now begin thinking about decorating for Christmas and making holiday plans.
Right now in our neck of the woods, its still in the low 70's during the peak of the day but its chilly at night. Luke asks me last night what it would take for me to let him leave the slider door open in our room through the night. I tell him he would have to take me to breakfast in the morning and he said, "Deal!" He ended up not leaving the slider open though and when I asked him why he sarcastically said, "Your happiness is the most important thing." To which I snorted and chuckled to my syrupy sweet husband. So, I was really surprised when he awoke this morning (on his own no less) and said he was taking me to breakfast. Yay!!
On the way home we drove by some model homes in the neighborhood down the street. We stopped and let the boys play at the park for about 20 minutes before I got drowsy from the warm sun (and a full belly). A few blocks from the house I saw a small white Chihuahua trotting across the street like my parents have. I tell the boys we should stop and bring it home. Thinking I was funny and knowing their reaction I tell them we could name it "Tinker." (Hey--I don't have any girls, so I need someone in the house with a princessy name!)
Tubbs immediately responds, "No, let's name him Peter."
"Peter?" I said. "Why Peter?"
Tubbs says he likes that name and gives me no other explanation. Thankfully this was the end of that conversation because we ended up not stopping for the dog because it trotted off so quick. When we get home I overhear Tubbs ask Luke if we can call HIM Peter now. I interrupt and say, "No your name is Stinky." He ignores me and asks Luke again. I think Luke agreed-----as he usually does to any of their requests. I wonder to myself how long "Peter" will be living with us. A few months ago I ran into a friend of mine from work at lunch and I introduced "Kyle" to the boys. When we got home that day Tubbs changed his "mii" name on the Wii to "Kyle." I thought it was kind of weird at first, but he eventually forgot about it---after a few weeks.
OK---I have drifted far enough off the focus of this whole post, but I have to share with you my hot cocoa secret recipe!
Are you ready??
First, let me ramble on a little more and tell you that in September I discovered Starbucks has a new line of "signature" hot cocoas. My favorite is the hazlenut. Anywho, after downing about a dozen of these (and spending $3.75 a cup) I decided to check out the nutritional information online. Needless to say, I decided to start making my own. I use the Provident Pantry original hot cocoa (which uses water but tastes really good) and the "Torani's" sugarfree hazlenut syrup. I add 1 tbsp to my hot cocoa and wa-la! Delicious!!
Now...if I can only get myself to only drink one of these a day (or less), I could try to get into my favorite pair of jeans again!!

No comments:
Post a Comment