Sunday, December 7, 2008

Are you "Stamp Worthy?"

For those Seinfeld fanatics, you might recollect that this title sounds an awful lot like a particular episode where Elaine wasn't sure if certain gentlemen were "worthy." LOL! Its the same concept. If Seinfeld was still around in this economy I am sure they would do an episode on this...
What is "stamp worthy?"
Let me back up and say that I haven't had to buy stamps since the last time they raised the postage rates. (Hey, we pay all of our bills online because I don't trust the mail to deliver them to the right location) much less on time) So, As long as I can remember any stamps I had in my purse looked like the stamp above. As I was finishing my Christmas cards on Friday I realized I didn't have enough stamps. When I went to the grocery store later that day I picked up a few books when I checked out but paid no attention to how much they cost. When I went to apply the stamps to the envelopes that night I noticed for the first time the price of each stamp.
42 cents .....to mail an envelope?
Are you kidding me?!
I started thinking, "Is this person worth an additional 42 cents?!"
You laugh at me.... but then I began calculating how much each Christmas card was actually costing me. I then decided that most of the people on my list were not "stamp worthy....." or card worthy for that matter! So, if you don't get a card from us this year you know why!
Just kidding.
Next year I am posting my Christmas cards on my blog and Facebook and calling it good! :)

1 comment:

Carianne said...

YES!!!! I am STAMP WORTHY!!!!!! I just knew you liked me.

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008