Sunday, December 14, 2008

Chef-Boy-R-Tubbs

I had the cinnamon roll "bug" on Friday so I decided to lay out some frozen dough that night. Saturday morning arrived and it was time to make my treats!
Tubbs was excited and asked if he could help. I enthusiastically said yes and we got busy. I asked Bubba if he wanted to help but he preferred to watch cartoons. (It reminded me of the story of the little red hen who asks for help making bread. No one wants to help make it...but they want to help eat it)
I knew Bubba would be first in line for a cinnamon roll.


Tubbs sniffed the dough and said, "It smells delicious!" I laughed because I didn't really think the dough smelled delicious without something in/on it. But it was cute.
I taught Tubbs the first rule of baking: Make sure you wash your hands!
(Hopefully he will remember this)
He helped me roll the dough until he whined that his hands were tired. Then we spread all the good stuff on top. Half with pecans and half without for my picky little bugs!



Don't worry---these are fat free and sugar free! :)


I have visions of Tubbs making these treats for his wife one day and eventually his little bugs! That would make me so very happy.....
These pictures are making me crave an after lunch snack---- I better grab one before my boys figure out there are some left.

2 comments:

The Queen Bee said...

Katie, My friend here in Il lurkes on your blog and wanted me to ask you for your cinnamon roll recipe. She was afraid she'd seem to stalkerish if she asked herself. Can you e-mail me the recipe? ibeeclark@yahoo.com

Thanks

Carrie said...

Two things.
1) Those look delicious!
2) It looks like you made enough to drop some by my house....

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008