Saturday, January 31, 2009

Donuts Fix Everything.....

At least it seems that way when you're eating them!
Luke left us early this morning to go help a friend install some stuff on his old Land Cruiser.
This gave me the opportunity to be fun mom while giving in to my cravings.
Donuts!...Donuts for everyone!
When Luke pulled out of the driveway I snuck out to the living room where the boys were snuggled in to blankets and watching cartoons.
"Who wants to go get donuts for breakfast???!"
The boys didn't really seem fazed. I was secretly disappointed...thinking to myself, "Even if you don't want donuts we're going darn it---because that's what I want."
I convinced them that they didn't have to get dressed and could go with me in their pajamas. Heck, I was going in my PJ's too! I threw on my shoes put sweatshirts on everyone and we headed out into the fog.
Not the best looking crew---but I didn't care.
I was getting donuts for breakfast! Woo-hoo!
My favorite comment this morning was from Bubba (as he scarfed down his brother's leftover chocolate donut);
"I love sugar."


I am OK with him saying this thought because he does have my genes and more importantly he actually eats very healthy.... and understands what it means to eat healthy. He likes more vegetables than I do and when he tries something he asks me, "Mom, is this healthy for me?"
OK--enough about eating healthy. I need to focus back on donuts....and how they make me so happy! :)
And now as I am typing this...I am listening to my boys bounce around the living room from their sugar high.
Good thing daddy isn't home!

Pay no attention to the bedhead

4 comments:

Crazy Aunt Jenny said...

What, no old fashioned buttermilk? What's wrong with you people?

Carianne said...

YUMMY!!! I was thinking about you this morning as I was moving boxes (all by my lonesome) and was starving cause I didn't eat breakfast this morning and your doughnuts sounded so good. Bummer I missed out. Maybe next time.

Carrie said...

Did you see Scott at the donut shop picking a dozen up for our crew? Because we had donut day yesterday as well!

danniellespackman said...

I agree donuts do fix everything!!!When Jordan isn't going to be around for a meal we totally eat junk. I think it is a perfectly healthy thing to do every once in a while.

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008