Friday, June 5, 2009

Could It Be Any Other Color.....

But Pink!
Yes, we decided on a paint color for the baby's new room. I always swore if I had a girl I would not paint the room pink. To top it off the color is called "Baby Girl." (I am so lame)



I picked up one gallon of paint last Friday (thinking that was plenty) and we started Saturday afternoon. Or I should say, Luke started painting Saturday afternoon....I supervised. We got the room 60-70% done before we ran out of paint. When we cleaned up Saturday night Bubba walked in and said, "Is that the best you can do?" Luke was up on the ladder doing some touch up but I saw him smile. I just laughed because I didn't know exactly what Bubba was implying. You know how kids say things but they don't really know what they mean---or I should say, I don't know what they mean. Was he referring to the fact that the walls were only painted 3/4 of the way up? Or did he think it looked bad?
The last thing we have painted ourselves was Bubba's nursery 8 years ago in our first house. That room was smaller than this one. We ended up going through 1.75 gallons of paint on Scout's room. But I think Luke did a fabulous job. I picked up the second gallon of paint on Monday and Luke worked from 8 pm - midnight getting most of it done. He waited until Wednesday night to put finishing touches on it and hang the blinds back up.
I think he did a great job and we now have a pink room in the house! Scout will hopefully be a fan of pink---at least the first 2-3 years of her life. After that she can help repaint her room.

(My hot painter)
(In the middle of painting last Saturday Bubba and Tubbs came in the room and said they were going to put on a show for us. I guess they got impatient waiting for us to finish and when I looked on the bedroom door there was this sign posted. I love it when they write notes for us) :)

6 comments:

Carianne said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Good Job Luke! I can't wait to see everything in it. Especially Scout.

AmyPoll said...

Congrats...I have been so out of the loop not having internet that I didn't even know you were prego. I am excited for you but must warn you that if you look at our Jules, that third little angel girl after two boys...usually isn't so much of an angel, but we love them anyways. I am so excited for you and love the room...it is just something you have to do after so much BOY in the house!!!

The Queen Bee said...

Our first girl got a room painted "Bubble Gum" and "Cotton Candy"!

amanda said...

I'm a great supervisor too. Richard painted Hannah's room pink too and I decided it was too pink, it reminded me of Pepto Bismol,so my husband added some lime green stripes.

Kristin said...

Way to go! I've heard pink is a hard color to choose but what I know.

Katrena said...

When you walked by at church today I thought your baby bump looked pretty cute. I like the pink too. Perfect!

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008