Sunday, September 14, 2008

BREAKING NEWS

September 14, 2008 will be a day that lives in infamy!
Today marks the day that I, Luke Hogue, officially denounce the OAKLAND RAIDERS as "my team." This has been an ongoing thought of mine for the last three years, but after reading that the Raiders may be looking to fire their new (1 year in) head coach, I am done. As long as the Raiders are owned by the "tails from the creep Al Davis," I will no longer participate as a fan to this organization. I called my most loyal friends today to make my announcement known. This afternoon will be rough as I start to attempt to brain wash my boys of the Raiders and move on to our NEW team--Arizona Cardinals (hey, they only have one way to go-----up)! I told this to Bubba and he shed tears (really). Moreover, this afternoon I will be setting my raider gear and attire on fire as a symbolic gesture of my disgust with Al Davis and HIS team!

Bubba (right) does not take the news well!
He has decided to take the "Colts" as his team...but says he will remain faithful to the Raiders and Mama's team, the Chargers.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I heard the news and had to leave a comment. I grew up a Raiders fan as well, still remember Bo's last year when the Raiders were awesome, Bo gets hurt and they lose 51-3 to the Bills, I think it was 1990. Oh well, we to have moved on for now, Tanner likes the Colts, Steelers, and the Patriots and whoever else is winning, sorry Simon, go Cardinals.

Katie and Luke said...

Kristin. I am sorry you were (are) a Raiders Fan. I will keep you in my prayers! :)

That Stop Wasn't On My Itinerary....

So the Hogue's made it to Florida for our first official family vacation. It was Sawyer's first plane ride....and Simon's first plane ride that he can remember. We were excited....the boys were stoked. We had everything we needed! But it seems that Sawyer packed something with him that wasn't on our checklist: a big case of pneumonia. Yes, the little fella made it almost one whole day in Florida before he started heading downhill fast. Our 2nd day in Orlando we were in the Urgent Care south of Cocoa Beach. (By the way, to see a doctor more quickly, it helps if you vomit all over the waiting room in front of the receptionist. Little tip for ya) After chest x-rays they advised us to head to the ER in Melbourne, where they eventually admitted him to the hospital. So, we had 3 night deluxe accommadations at the Holmes Regional Medical Center. The little whipper snapper was a trooper though! The nurses loved him, thankfully, and made us all feel right at home. We were going to send postcards out with pictures of the hospital since we spent 40% of our trip there...but they didn't have any. Imagine that!Hmmm.....maybe its something they should consider.

Florida 2008